"Over the many years that I have been selling real estate and attending settlements, Sandy Hazelwood has impressed me with the way she handles the closing of real estate transactions. She is very professional and on top of the case from the day she receives the contract until the day we sign the papers."
Sue Graham ~ ERA Teachers, Inc.
Home Buyers and Sellers
- Buyers/Sellers Services
- Title/Settlement Glossary
- Title Insurance
- Checklist for Home Buyers
- Checklist for Home Sellers
- What Happens at Closing
- NOVA Utilities
- Tenancy Information
4443 Brookfield Corporate Drive
Chantilly, VA 20151
Send Us An Email
Spanish speaking services are available at all locations.
Home Buyers Checklist
Notify your realtor and Hazelwood Title & Escrow as soon as possible if any buyers will not be able to attend settlement. Most lenders require pre-approval to utilize a power of attorney.
Please complete the following several days before your settlement date:
- Arrange to transfer utilities at your property.
- Check with your lender to see if any additional information is needed to process your paperwork.
- Call your realtor to verify the time of your final walk-through and settlement.
- Transfer sufficient funds to obtain the cashiers or certified check required for your closing based on the amount of your Good Faith Estimate. Final figures for settlement will be available after we receive your lender's closing instructions.
- Notify us if funds needed for settlement are coming from the sale of another property to be wired to Hazelwood Title & Escrow.
- Obtain and deliver to your lender a Homeowner's Insurance Policy and paid receipt covering the first year's premium. Direct any questions regarding these documents to your lender as we cannot close the loan until the lender's insurance requirements are satisfied. Obtain a policy to cover your personal property and liability.
Please bring the following items with you to settlement:
- Valid picture identification
- Certified or cashier's check for the funds needed at settlement payable to "Hazelwood Title & Escrow, Inc."
- Your personal checkbook to pay any difference between your Good Faith Estimate and actual costs (limited to $1,000). If the amount of your certified check is too high, we will refund any excess.
- All documents required by your lender
Copyright © 2013, Hazelwood Title & Escrow, Inc.
Design by DeVore Marketing.
Through our convenient Chantilly office located in Fairfax County and two satellite offices in Washington, DC, Hazelwood Title & Escrow serves clients across Northern Virginia, including Fairfax, Chantilly, Centreville, Dulles, Ashburn, Leesburg, Sterling, Tysons, Burke, Manassas, Gainesville, Bristow, Haymarket, Middleburg, Mclean, Reston, and the DC Metro area.